Sunday, September 26, 2010

For The Love of My Life

David, the love of my life, is an aspiring horror writer. So you can imagine how excited he was that I was going to work for Spirit Halloween again this year-like an old person in an antique shop! He would go take pictures of different spookey things he was excited about and send them to me so I could "shop with him" when he was out. All I would ever get from him, no matter how our morning went, was "I love you. When are you coming home? I miss you?"

I became more angry at my man every morning. I started sleeping in later then get angry at him for wanting to love me, talk to me in the mornings, fix me breakfast, do my laundry, clean our house, go to his work, go to the bank for me... And of course it was his fault that I couldn't sleep, and my alarm went off too early in the morning - ANYTHING he did or didn't do was obviously wrong.

Last week, I would cry almost every day before I left work; he would kiss me good bye and tell me he loves me more than anything in the world, and yet I would still leave unhappy. He started sending me loving text messages in the later parts of my day and I would only get more infuriated that he was interrupting me at my second job. But by the time I got home, he would only have loving arms wide open to hold me and tell me he loved me and supported me in everything I did. He tried to do everything he could to help me love life again.... even if he wasn't ever awake when I got home in the evenings.

He would always warm my heart with loving things and try to show me how much he wished I wouldn't burn myself out. He suffered through the last 31 days just as much as I did. I threw so much at him that I am more than positive that we will be fine together the rest of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment