Friday, October 15, 2010

Busy? or Just Plain Crazy?

I am an aspiring Graphic Designer. I don't want my skills to diminish while I'm working odd jobs, so of course I want to pick up some graphic design jobs on the side. Save the Date magnets here, Business cards there, brochures sprinkled in around the outside..... But why do I feel the need to take on extra jobs while I currently work 60 hours a week? What is it that I'm fearful of if I just don't do something for one minute?

What is it that I won't accomplish by sitting down for one month and not having anything else to do. Am I afraid that I won't be capable of competing when I get to the real world? Is it that I need to prove my self worth to others? OR! _ what if I'm one of those people who needs to have too many things going on so I have stuff to bitch about? I hope not.

I like making sure that I'm living my life to the brim. I want to make sure I am doing everything I can to expose myself to every possibly opportunity. I have a hard time saying no to people because I know that when they ask for my help, they actually want it. I want to make others happy so I want to do it... Confused yet? Good, we're in the same boat.

After this job is over, I'm going to do nothing but sit.......

..

..

and do graphic design work ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment